Files & Links
Gryphon Strong 5K Training ScheduleGryphon Strong 5K Training Schedule.pdf
GRYPHON STRONG 5K Walk/Run – Saturday, May 16 The Athletic Department is encouraging our school families to get outside and exercise….we would like to offer a challenge to train in your neighborhood during next month and commit to walk/run a 5K on May 16th in a safe location.
VISAA Athletic Physical FormVISAA-Pre-Participation-Physical-Examination-Form.docx
Physical Training during the summer will:
- Increase Confidence:
- An increase of our Mental or Psychological competitive edge is an expected outcome of our summer training program.
- We trust our athletes will believe they can succeed and develop a sense of Self-Efficacy as a result of physical training.
- Having a deep conviction when competing that says "I can have an impact" is Confidence that results from physical training.
- A Sense of Accomplishment & Achievement results from physical training leading to increased confidence during times of competition.
- Boost Performance:
- We know that a "A Stronger Athlete is a Better Athlete" and we improve athletic performance through strength training.
- Our summer program offers all those that will make the commitment the opportunity to be Stronger and Faster Athletes.
- As a result of committing to 8 weeks of training athletes will increase their Agility and Running Skills boosting performance.
- Improving the Range of Motion of each athlete will be a focus of our summer training which means more efficient runners as well as increased performance when serving a volleyball, swinging a tennis racket, swimming the breaststroke, shooting the basketball, throwing overhead, kicking a soccer ball, etc....
i. Proprioceptors serve as protectors to our joints and can be developed to better maintain stability and balance during activity. ii. Joints, Articulations & Body Movements are strengthened and improved as a result of physical training.
- Reduce the Risk of Injury:
- Summer training offers our athletes improved Stability and Balance making our athletes more resistant to injuries.
i. Physical training should be a priority as we seek to Limit the Risk of Injury and psychological toll injuries enact on the athlete ii. Strength training acts as Protection to Costs of an X-Ray, MRI, physical therapy and rehabilitation costs.
- Bone Density is increased when force is applied to the skeletal system or as a result of weight bearing/resistance activities.
- Posture & Alignment can be improved through physical training making the athlete less prone to injuries.
- Staying in the Game and off the sideline will result due to physical training with hopes of avoiding those nagging or season ending injuries.
- Becoming Physically Resilient to Injuries occurs through physical training and lays a foundation for a lifetime of wellness.
How Often: We will offer a variety training opportunities each day that change throughout the week and would like to have the athletes attend at least two-three sessions each week. Where: Outdoors on our grass turf athletes will train using tractor tires, sand bags, sleds that can be pushed or pulled as well as parachutes and agility ladders. In our Workman-Hall Fitness Center offers endless training options with the ability to train using suspension activities such as ropes, bars, climbing wall, rig, etc....as well as other implements such as bars, kettlebells, jump boxes, dumbbells, slam and medicine balls. We will continue to use body weight exercises and our Olympic bars which we have from 15lb to 45lb to train our athletes. Inside the gym area of Workman Field House we train agility, running form as well as offer athletes resistance training using the Verti-Max. The band/resistance training offered by our Verti-Max benefits that athletes in countless ways. Two areas we hope to enhance through the summer training using the Verti-Max is lateral movement and increased vertical jumping ability. We also are blessed to have the Deith Family Training Room to offer treatment and recovery for our athletes. Who: Julie Neiderer and Carl Stamey will be our lead trainers for the summer training program and will be assisted by our various coaches as well.
- Strengthen Relationships:
- Labor Together = Stick Together. In the book of Nehemiah 4:11-14 we find families were assigned sections along the wall to work together as well as to serve as protectors for each other.
- One affective goal of the summer program is that our students learn to be Committed to Teammates becoming a family as they train with their teammates.
- Luke 2:52 is boldly displayed in our fitness center and we hope that through our summer training our students not only grow in physical stature and strength but also in their relationship with God & Others.
- Families were assigned to work together by Nehemiah to best accomplish the enormous task of building the wall. Nehemiah tapped into our Love of Family knowing that the bond of love of family is powerful.
- As a result of training with our friends/teammates a Sense of Trust will be developed which we know if critical for healthy relationships.